Sunday, February 21, 2010

New Camera!

I'll have some pictures from Michigan up, but I don't have them right now, so I'll talk instead about my new camera. It is a Canon Rebel XSi/450D. 3.5 frames per second, 12.2 megapixels, and overall a great step up from my Powershot S2 IS. I got a two-lens kit, with the ef-s 18-55 and the ef-s 55-250. The 55-250 is the one I use for birding, and for the price, it is excellent. I am perfectly happy with the image quality and autofocus speed, the only problem is that it is a little short. However, it came with some nice editing software, and I can crop to get some really nice images.
This is a white-throated sparrow, taken in my backyard.This is a chickadee, also from my backyard.
This junco is in a funny pose, I thought.
This eagle, from Forest Park, is dropping the catfish/bullhead it was eating.
I was happy to get a couple of decent flight shots. Ring-Billed Gull.
White-Throated Sparrow. I like to see the green, since it reminds me of spring.
A Northern Flicker from Tower Grove Park.
Finally, I would like to recommend Birdforum to you birders reading this. I joined in June, mainly to ask camera questions, but now I enjoy just browsing the forums and gallery. One of the best features is the Bird Identification Q&A section, where you can get answers to your ID questions as soon as you post them. There are almost 90,000 users from all over the world, and it is a great community! Good Birding!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful pics! I have a similar Rebel camera but at 10 mp; I use a longer lens, 500mm but it requires alot of light when fully extended! Gr8 blog, I really enjoy! Looking forward to your future pics & updates, Thnx!

    ReplyDelete